Business.gov, the official business link to the U.S. Government, is managed by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) in a partnership with 21 other federal agencies. This partnership, known as Business Gateway, is a Presidential E-government initiative that provides a single access point to government services and information to help the nation’s businesses with their operations.
Business.gov offers, what they believe, are ten steps a business must follow in order to be deemed a green business.
- Comply with environmental regulations
- Develop an environmental management plan
- Build green
- Buy green products
- Adopt energy efficient practices
- Reduce, reuse, recycle wastes
- Conserve water
- Prevent pollution
- Create a green marketing strategy
- Join industry partnership and stewardship programs